Pairing: Anarchist Wine Co. 2017 The Philosopher
Anarchist Wine Co. 2017 The Philosopher, a full-bodied red blend with 85% Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon offers the whole package with dark fruit, earthiness, and structure to complement the tangy rich goodness of the sumptuous cheese puffs.
Pairing: Foundry 2018 Chardonnay, Sta. Rita Hills
Foundry 2018 Chardonnay, Courtney’s Vineyard, and potato leek soup meet at the end of the rainbow in one very lucky encounter. This Chardonnay accentuates the creamy warmth of the soup with soft fruit, vibrant acidity, and a lovely round mouthfeel.
Pairing: Foundry 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
Foundry 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, completes this hearty Irish comfort food with an opulent full-bodied wine offering firm tannins, subtle spice, and a long finish.
Pairing: Anarchist Wine Co. 2019 Rosé Against the Machine
Anarchist Wine Co. 2019 Rose Against The Machine will do a little jig with this classic Irish dessert. This rosé offers juicy fruit notes with bright acidity and a clean, crisp finish, making it the perfect partner for yummy apple cake.
Are you feeling the Luck of the Irish?
Capture all 4 pairing wines in our Four Leaf 4-Pack and receive free shipping!
Whether your Valentine’s Day plans entail time spent with a special someone, or a relaxing evening alone at home, the occasion provides a time to reflect on all of the love in your life. Celebrate that love with a toast to those who are always there for you, and fill your flute with one of these wonderful sparkling wines. Enjoyed with another, or relished solo, these bubbles can’t help but beguile.
Credit: Valerie Von Burg, founder of Anarchist Wine Co. & Foundry Wines
1 pound sweet potato, steamed and sliced
2 shallots, minced
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1/2 pound shitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced
1/2 pound portobello mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced thin
2 tablespoons basil, chopped
1 box puff pastry
4 oz. Gruyere, grated
4 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup water
Pre-heat oven to 350°
Steam the potato until tender but not falling apart, let cool, then peel and slice thin and set aside. In a sauté pan add the olive oil and heat to medium, then add the mushrooms, garlic, shallots and basil. Sauté until tender, then add the sliced potato and toss a few times trying not to break the slices up. Season with salt and pepper to taste, let cool, and set aside.
Take the puff pastry and roll it to half its original thickness. Cut 5-inch circles or squares. Fill with the mixture and top with a little cheese, leaving space around the edges. Brush edges with egg wash, fold the pastry and seal the edges with a fork. Brush the surface of the empanadas with egg wash and place on an oiled baking sheet.
Bake at 350° until golden brown. Enjoy with a beautiful glass of Foundry 2018 Chardonnay, Courtney’s Vineyard!
Credit: Soo Young Kim, owner/chef of Bistro Viz in San Anselmo, CA
6 Maine lobster tails
1 fennel bulb, shaved
2 t. crushed garlic
1T butter, more to finish
4 T thinly shaved shallot
1/4 c white wine, pref chardonnay
2 T. chopped chives
Cooked pasta, preferablly Rustichella garganelle or de Cecco Pappardelle
1. In a small-medium saucepan that snugly holds three lobster tail,s, bring 1 c. water to a rapid boil.
place three tails and 1 cub fennel, sliced thinly, into pan.
2. Add enough water to just come to the top of the tails and bring to s slow boil and cook 5-7 minutes.
3. When the tail forms a 90 degree it's done.
4. Pull the first three tails out and place the next three tails in and repeat. Reserve fennel-lobster broth.
5. While tails cool, heat 1 T butter over medium heat and cook shallots until soft. Add garlic and cook one minute.
6. Add wine and boil until almost dry.
7. Use seafood scissors to extract meat from lobster tails and chop into pieces just over 1/2"
8. Add shells to the fennel-lobster broth and strain. You can do a second wash with plain water to extract more flavor.
9. Add shallot-wine mixture and reduce liquid to half the volume.
10. Add cooked pasta, lobster, chili flake to taste, a few grinds of black pepper and 3 T. butter to the sauce and stir.
11. Serve immediately, with chives.